ONRAD’s teleradiology technology platform is based on a completely redundant system that achieves 0% downtime. ONRAD leverages a customized GE Centricity IW Radiology PACS system integrated with a RIS from ThinairData. Complete electronic interfacing to your facility is easily achievable with support provided by our in-house IT staff.
How it works
- Customers send images securely over a VPN to the teleradiology PACS and ONRAD monitors the receiving of studies. DICOM images are accepted from all modalities, either directly from the modality or from a facility’s PACS.
- Customers have access to the ThinAir TeleRIS as well as their own account, where they can view workflow and case status. The same user-friendly, Web-based case management graphical user interface (GUI) is used by ONRAD physicians and customers.
- Customers log in to the teleradiology PACS through secure, encrypted authentication and view cases in real-time at any point. The system shows when an ONRAD radiologist is interpreting a case and lets users view reports as they are created.
- ONRAD can store images on its teleradiology PACS for at least six months, which provides for comparison studies and Quality Assurance checks.
Teleradiology System Security
ONRAD maintains the highest security standards to ensure data integrity and HIPAA compliance.
- All patient data is transmitted over IPSEC VPN or SSL encryption methods with at least 128 bit encryption and independent security certificates required. Patient data never resides outside of the ONRAD datacenter secure servers and is protected on encrypted hard drives, kept safe on our Hitachi Data Systems redundant SAN.
- Our GE Radiology PACS is running on a series of Dell servers—two clusters of 2950s and individual 2950s and 1950s for backup/test servers, all with various configurations of RAM and processors.
- Main servers offer quadruple redundancy with full load-balancing to keep the data moving.
- Fully redundant optical WAN connections on multiple vendor’s circuits and redundant switches.
- We can store images for at least six months. That helps with running quality assurance checks as well as improving efficiency in cases that require comparisons to prior studies.
Benefits of ONRAD’s Teleradiology System
- Web-based teleradiology PACS system can be securely viewed from any computer.
- Preferences and layouts are tied to the login information, so studies look the same no matter where they are viewed.
- Real-time report status available online.
- GE is one of the most trusted names in the industry and its Centricity Radiology PACS IW was ranked “Best In KLAS” in 2008 and 2009.