ONRAD provides complete teleradiology support services to customers.
- Implementation management
- On-site and online training
- 24×7 Availability
Teleradiology Support Solutions during Implementation
Setting up connectivity is easy. Upon signing a contract you will be introduced to your account manager and IT specialist, who will work with your staff to coordinate the implementations. Teleradiology support is customized to suit your requirements. Connectivity is usually achieved using one of the following options:
- We set up and IPSEC point-to-point VPN tunnel to your facility and use our servers as a destination for your PACS or modalities.
- If IPSEC is not possible, we have other options that may include a small DICOM appliance (about the size of a phone book), which only requires an IP address and gateway that allows SSL communication. We can install the server on site for you. Once you set your modalities/PACS to send to the DICOM appliance, setup is complete.
In addition, HL7 interfaces can be created to get reports back to your facility, leveraging our DICOM/HL7 appliance to make transmission even faster.
Teleradiology Support Solutions for Training
We understand that making changes to workflow can be difficult. We are here to help make the transition to ONRAD as easy as possible. As part of our teleradiology support services, we provide comprehensive training to all customer sites.
Teleradiology Technology System
ONRAD’s technology platform is based on a completely redundant system that achieves 99.97% uptime. ONRAD leverages a customized Carestream Vue PACS system integrated with a RIS from ThinairData. Complete electronic interfacing to your facility is achievable with support provided by our in-house IT staff.
- Based in Riverside, CA
- 1 Gbps vendor neutral, redundant internet uplinks
- 24×7 on-site security and biometric access requirements
- Redundant power circuits
- Generator backup